Hours: M - TH: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
F: 10:30 am - 4:00 pm
Walk in Assistance:
Student Response Center
232 Capen Hall, North Campus
M - F, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
NEW DEADLINES: Effective Fall 2015
|Graduation Term||Application Deadline||Conferral Date|
|Fall||October 15||February 1|
|Spring||February 22||June 1|
|Summer||July 15||September 1|
When you complete the credits required to earn a degree it is noted on your academic record (transcript) and diploma. Undergraduates and Graduate students need to fill out their correct forms by certain deadlines.
What Happens When You Apply for Graduation
- Degree Audit will notify your academic major(s) department(s) of your intention to graduate for the conferral date which you indicated to us.
- Your academic major(s) and minor department(s) will inform us if you have met all departmental requirements for your major and minor.
- If you are an undergraduate student, please check your Academic Advisement Report to determine whether or not you have met University requirements (i.e. UB Curriculum/General Education, Credits, Library Skills, etc.).
- If you have met both the university requirements and the requirements for the major(s), and minors or certificates that you applied for, your degree will be conferred on or shortly after the conferral date (June 1, September 1, or February 1). Your diploma will be mailed approximately six (6) weeks from the conferral date.
- If you have not met either the university requirements or the major (or minor or Certificate) requirements, you will be notified that you did not graduate via e-mail approximately two (2) weeks after the conferral date. You will need to Apply for Graduation for your new conferral date.
Grades will not be changed after degree conferral except in cases of administrative error.
Award Letters and Degree Conferral Status
The Office of the Registrar no longer provides award letters to students awaiting degree conferral. Official Transcripts now display a student’s award status; students whose award status is "Approved" in their HUB Student Center may request an Official Transcript in lieu of an award letter.
Last updated: September 02, 2016 4:03 pm EST