Hours: M - TH: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
F: 10:30 am - 4:00 pm
Walk in Assistance:
Student Response Center
232 Capen Hall, North Campus
M - F, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Diplomas are mailed approximately six (6) to eight (8) weeks after the conferral of your degree and contain the student’s name, academic plan, degree type (BA, MA, etc.), conferral date, name of the university (State University of New York at Buffalo) and the current diploma design. UB diplomas are printed by a nationally prominent firm on high-quality paper with an engraved UB seal.
- Diplomas contain your name as it appears on your student record (Please see: name on file). Additions of accent marks or upper and lower case letters must be made before your conferral date.
- The academic plan title that will be used is the State Education Department approved plan title only. For undergraduate programs, this will include the major plan only. The diploma will not include undergraduate minors. Diplomas for students in Special Studies programs will read “Special Studies.” Special Studies Proposal titles are included on the transcript.
- Diplomas are only mailed to the permanent address listed on your student record. If you would like to have it sent to an address other than your permanent address on file, please provide a pre-paid UPS shipping label prior to your conferral date.
- Diplomas are mailed via the United States Postal Service and do not contain tracking information. Students have the option to provide a pre-paid UPS Shipping label, prior to their conferral date, if they would to have tracking information.
- For more information regarding pre-paid shipping labels please visit www.ups.com. Labels can be submitted to Degree Audit at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax 716-645-7762. Please be sure to include identification information such as name and UB Person number.
- Please be sure to include identification information such as name and UB Person Number
- Packaging Type: UPS Letter
- Diploma weight is 0.5 pounds
- The diploma is 9.75" X 12.5"
- Diplomas are not mailed if you have an outstanding financial obligation to the University. If you clear the financial obligation, you must notify the Office of the Registrar.
- Diplomas are held from one year after the conferral date. After that time you will need a replacement diploma.
If you are in need of a replacement diploma or additional copy of your UB undergraduate, graduate or law school diploma, please follow these guidelines.
- The charge per diploma is $10.00, which must be paid in U.S. funds by cash, check or money order. Please note, we do not accept credit card payments for replacement diplomas.
- We must ask that you mail your request to us so that we may obtain your signature authorizing us to release this document to you. Request for Replacement Diploma (PDF).
- If you are requesting a new diploma because your name has changed, please complete the Student Name Change (PDF).
- To request a Medical School diploma, please contact the Medical Education office at 716-829-2802.
- To request a Dental Medicine diploma, contact the Dental Student Affairs Office at 716-829-2839.
Once we receive your request, we will forward the order to our printer. All diplomas reflect the current diploma design. We will receive your diploma within 5 to 10 business days and will immediately mail it to you in a protective envelope. Diplomas are mailed via the United States Postal Service and do NOT contain tracking information. Students have the option to provide a pre-paid UPS Shipping label, prior to their conferral date, if they would to have tracking information. For more information regarding pre-paid shipping labels please visit www.ups.com. Labels can be submitted to Degree Audit at email@example.com or by fax 716-645-7762. Please be sure to include identification information such as name and UB Person number. The return address should include your information (not the University at Buffalo’s), and the “send to” address should be the location you wish your diploma delivered to.
Please contact us by mail, phone (716-645-5698) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions or special circumstances.
Students may need to apostille or legalize their transcript and/or diploma for use in a foreign country. The Office of the Registrar assists students with this process by notarizing the document and coordinating with the offices of the Erie County Clerk and New York State Secretary of State to complete the apostille. Please contact the Office of the Registrar for additional information on completing an apostille for your transcript and/or diploma.
Last updated: September 26, 2016 2:10 pm EST