Hours: M - TH: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
F: 10:30 am - 4:00 pm
Walk in Assistance:
Student Response Center
232 Capen Hall, North Campus
M - F, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Please note that your first diploma (at no charge to you) will be mailed approximately six (6) to eight (8) weeks after the conferral of your degree. That diploma is printed using your name on file. Additions of accent marks or upper & lower case letters must be made before your conferral date (February 1st, June 1st or September 1st) .
The diploma size is 9.75" X 12.5"
Diplomas are not mailed if you have an outstanding financial obligation to the university. They will be held for one year after the conferral date. During that time, when you have cleared the financial obligation, you must notify the Office of the Registrar so that the diploma can be mailed to you. If your address has changed during that time, you must also update your Permanent address before the diploma can be mailed. After the one year period, you will need to order and pay for a replacement diploma.
Beginning with the diplomas issued for spring (June) 2012 conferral, the student’s academic plan will be printed on the diploma along with the student's name, degree type (BA, MA, etc.) and conferral date.
Please note that the following guidelines apply:
- The title that will be used is the State Education Department approved plan title only.
- For undergraduate programs, this will include the major plan only.
- The diploma will not include the undergraduate minor.
- This will not include Special Studies Proposal titles. Those diplomas will read “Special Studies.” Special Studies Proposal titles are included on the transcript.
- For all programs, the diploma will not include the sub-plan (concentration) title.
Students who graduated prior to spring 2012 may request a replacement diploma that includes their academic plan per the instructions below. The major/plan title will reflect what the State Education Department major was at the time of graduation. The replacement diploma fee will apply.
If you are in need of a replacement diploma or additional copy of your UB diploma, please follow these guidelines.
- The charge per diploma is $10.00.
- We must ask that you mail your request to us so that we may obtain your signature authorizing us to release this document to you. Request for Replacement Diploma (PDF).
- If you are requesting a new diploma because your name has changed, please complete the Student Name Change (PDF).
- To request a Medical School diploma, please contact the Medical Education office at 716-829-2802.
- To request a Dental Medicine diploma, contact the Dental Student Affairs Office at 716-829-2839.
Once we receive your request, we will forward the order to our printer. UB diplomas are printed by a nationally prominent firm on high-quality paper with an engraved UB seal. All diplomas reflect the current name of the university (State University of New York at Buffalo) and the current diploma design. We will receive your diploma within six (6) weeks and will immediately mail it to you in a protective envelope.
Please contact us by mail, phone (716-645-5698) or email if you have questions or special circumstances.
Last updated: November 06, 2012 4:28 pm EST