Hours: M - TH: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
F: 10:30 am - 4:00 pm
Walk in Assistance:
Student Response Center
232 Capen Hall, North Campus
M - F, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Not Returning to UB Checklist
We recommend that you use this checklist as a guide to help you make sure that you haven’t forgotten something important before you leave.
Are you registered for classes (current or next semester?)
- It’s important to drop or resign your classes if not returning to UB and print a paper copy of your registration schedule that you can retain as a receipt.
- Use your HUB Student Center (via MyUB) to drop/resign courses before deadlines posted on the calendars. Questions? Visit the Student Response Center at 232 Capen Hall or call the Office of the Registrar at 716-645-5698 or email us at UBregistrar@buffalo.edu.
Are you changing addresses?
You can do so in your HUB Student Center (via MyUB). The Web update will be real-time. Or, you may print the address change form (PDF) and mail it to the SRC or visit at 232 Capen Hall and file the change in person.
Are you receiving financial aid?
You may need to contact your lender/loan servicer regarding repayment of your loans. Information is available on the Loans page. State and Federal financial aid is subject to retroactive adjustments which could result in the creation of an amount due to the University. You will need to continue to check your UB email account for notifications regarding the eBill after your departure.
Questions: Student Response Center, 232 Capen Hall or call the Office of Financial Aid at 716-645-8232 or email us at UBFA@buffalo.edu.
Have you verified that you owe no tuition, fees, or fines?
It’s critical that you clear all outstanding balances if not returning to UB; or request a refund of any balance due you. UB sends billing statements electronically to your UB email address. You will need to continue to check your UB email account for notifications regarding the eBill after your departure. It is possible to have adjustments to tuition, fees, fines or financial aid that may occur after your current term has ended. Failure to pay any of these charges will result in collection efforts which include referral to a collection agency or the Attorney General’s office. If you no longer recall your UBIT username and/or password, please contact the CIT Help Desk, Lockwood 2nd Floor Cybrary, 716-645-3542, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or website: http://www.buffalo.edu/ubit/help.
Questions: Student Response Center, 232 Capen Hall or call the Office of Student Accounts at 716-645-1800 or email us at email@example.com.
Have you spoken with your advisor?
- Undergraduates Not in a Major: Student Advising Services
- Students in a Major: See your departmental advisor
- Honors, EOP, ACE, Athletes: See your program advisor
Should you file a Leave of Absence?
If you plan to return to UB within two semesters, yes! A formal, recorded Leave of Absence will maintain your current major and registration eligibility; all you will have to do to return is register.
Contact Office: your advisor
Do you live in the Residence Halls?
Bring proof of withdrawal from the University (signed Leave of Absence form). Room charges cease when the room key is returned to area office (not to roommate) and receipt is obtained. Complete the mail forwarding card.
UB sends billing statements electronically to your UB email address. You will need to continue to check your UB email account for notifications regarding the eBill after your departure.
Contact Office: Campus Living
Do you have a Dining Services Contract?
It’s important to ensure the termination of your meal plan.
Contact Office: UB Card Office
Do you have a Credit Balance on your UBCard from Campus Cash?
To learn the deadline for and procedure to request a refund contact the UB Card Office
Do you have an outstanding UB parking ticket?
Avoid having a service indicator/hold applied and transcripts services withheld; verify your status.
Contact Office: Parking and Transportation Services
Have you returned materials borrowed from:
- University Libraries
- Do you have any unpaid fines?
- UB sends billing statements electronically to your UB email address. You will need to continue to check your UB email account for notifications regarding the eBill after your departure.
- Contact Office: Any University library in person or call 716-645-5950
- Athletics, Recreation, and Intramural Services
- Have you returned athletic equipment, recreation equipment, locker rental? Avoid a Bursar service indicator and transcript hold.
- Contact Office: Equipment Manager, Equipment room, Alumni Arena, 716-645-3092
- Graduate School of Education Curriculum Center
- Contact Office: 17 Baldy Hall, 716-645-2488
Last updated: February 10, 2016 3:32 am EST