M-TH: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
F: 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Walk-in Assistance at 1Capen, North Campus.
Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Office of the Registrar at the University at Buffalo is currently working remotely. For a faster response, if possible, please email your form to the Registrar rather than using U.S. mail or fax. Please note: forms requiring a Social Security Number (SSN) can not be submitted via email.
NOTE: Some forms are in PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat to view and print them.
The University at Buffalo is committed to accessibility. If you experience any difficulty accessing a form on this page or website, please contact the Office of the Registrar for assistance.
W-9(S) Social Security Number/Individual Taxpayer ID Number Update Form
- W-9(S) Social Security Number/Individual Taxpayer ID Number Update Form (PDF): For students who need to provide or correct their SSN or ITIN on file. Use our Documentation Upload Center to submit your form.
Your Student Information
- Change of Address - Non-HUB Access: For students who attended UB prior to Fall 2010.
- Request for Directory and Information Release/Non-Release (UBIT Name and Password required): For students to elect whether or not UB can release directory information, such as name, degrees earned, etc.
- Student Change of Name Form: For current or former students who need to change their legal name in HUB.
Your Academic Record
- Application for Undergraduate Credit by Examination (PDF)
- Audit Form for Undergraduates (PDF): For undergraduate students wanting to audit a course.
- Certification of Full-Time Student Status for Master’s Students (PDF): For registered Master’s students who need to be considered full-time, are registered for less than full-time credit, but who can verify they are working full-time in a culminating experience, in an internship related to their program, or completing final courses.
- Departmental Request for Grade of Incomplete (PDF): For students who cannot complete a course, and would like to receive an "I" grade while outstanding requirements for the course are being completed.
- Credit Declination/Recovery Form (PDF)
- Double Degree Checklist (PDF): To be completed by undergraduate students receiving double degrees in the same graduation term.
- FERPA Release Form (UBIT Name and Password required): For students who would like staff members in 1Capen, Academic Advising, Admissions, Financial Aid, Registrar, Student Accounts to be able to discuss their academic and/or financial records with a designated third party. Students may also use this form to revoke permissions granted.
- General Education and UB Curriculum Petition: for undergraduate students seeking to fulfill their general education or UB Curriculum requirements via alternative means.
- Grade Retrieval Form - Accepting the Default Incomplete Grade: For students who requested an "I" grade, but would like to accept the default grade accompanying their "I" grade that was originally assigned by the instructor.
- Graduate Student Petition to Extend I/U Grade Deadline (PDF): For graduate students who need to extend the Incomplete, “I/U” deadline. This form is for graduate student use only.
- Graduation Update Form
- Graduation Update Form-Master’s Level Only (PDF)
- Petition for Course Outside of Your Primary Academic Career (PDF): For students who would like to take a course outside of their academic career (ex: an undergraduate student wishing to take a graduate course).
- Request to Amend Repeat Policy (PDF): This form should be used to amend the application of the Repeat Policy if a student believes that the Repeat Policy was inappropriately applied to his or her record, or that the Repeat Policy should have been applied, but was not.
- Undergraduate S/U Grade Recovery Request: For students wanting to convert a "S" or "U" grade to a letter grade.
- Transfer Course Articulation Request Form: For students to articulate coursework from a previous institution that have not already been articulated at UB.
- Tutorial S/U Grade Recovery: For students to recover the letter grade earned in a tutorial course graded S/U.
- UB Curriculum Petition Form for Pre-2002 Reentering Students: For reentering students who started at UB prior to 2002, and who are seeking to fulfill UB Curriculum requirements using previously earned courses.
- UB Seminars Petition to Retake in Fall or Spring Term: For students seeking to repeat a 198 or 199 course in fall or spring terms.
- UB Transcript Request Form (PDF): For students requesting a transcript who last attended UB spring 2003 to present.
- Undergraduate S/U Grade Form: For students who would like to receive a "S" or "U" grade instead of the traditional letter grades.
- University Graduation Requirement Petition Form (PDF)
- Withdrawal from a Combined Degree Program (PDF): For undergraduate students leaving a combined degree program and/or who would like to convert graduate credit to undergraduate credit.
- Not Enrolling at UB form (PDF): For newly accepted freshmen and transfer students who have decided not to enroll at UB.
- Not Returning to UB: For enrolled undergraduate and graduate students who decide not to return to UB
- Graduate Leave of Absence Request (PDF): For graduate students who would like to take a leave of absence from their studies, but who intent on returning to UB.
- Undergraduate Domestic Student Leave of Absence Request: For domestic undergraduate students who would like to take a leave of absence from their studies, but who intend on returning to UB.
- Undergraduate International Student Leave of Absence Request: For international undergraduate students with an F1 or J1 visa who would like to take a leave of absence from their studies, but who intend on returning to UB.
- Admissions Office Re-Entry Form: For former matriculated students who intend to return to UB.
- Cross Registration Forms:
- Cross Registration Academic Advisor Review Form (PDF): For academic advisors to review and approve/deny a student’s request for Cross Registration.
- Cross Registration and WNY Consortium Resources: Cross Registration Information.
- WNY Consortium Form (PDF): For undergraduate students wanting to participate in the Western New York Consortium Agreement.
- New Non-Degree Student/Less than 6 credits/Immunization Waiver (PDF): A one-time waiver for new non-degree seeking students who will be registering for less than six (6) credit hours in one term.
- Schedule Planning Worksheet (PDF)
- Second Chance Policy Form (PDF): For students who wish to be considered for grade forgiveness under the Second Chance Policy.
- Sixty and Over Auditor Form (PDF): For individuals 60 years of age or older who would like to audit a course.
Last updated: August 03, 2021 12:37 pm EST