The Academic Info You Need to Know!

Get the information and resources you need for making decisions to support your academic success this semester.

School of Architecture graduation on UB's South Campus.


Phone: 716-645-5698
M - TH: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
F: 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.


Walk in Assistance:
1Capen, North Campus
Reservations required.

Graduate Degree Application and Conferral

Graduate and Professional Students

Students applying for conferral in a graduate or professional program have varying requirements based on degree type and school. See the Graduate School for more information.

Degree Application Deadlines
Graduation Term Application Deadline Conferral Date
Fall October 15 February 1
Spring February 22 June 1
Summer July 15 August 31

Students pursing degrees of AUD, DNP or PhD should refer to the Graduate School for complete details and deadline dates.

Medical, dental, and law students should contact their respective Student Service Office for information about their degree conferral.

Law students (JD and LLML candidates) must complete an application for degree to be able to graduate. As the Law School has different deadlines and forms than the Graduate School, please contact the Law School Records Office at 716-645-2060 for more information. For more Law School commencement information, visit the Law School website.

DDS students should contact the School of Dental Medicine Office of Academic and Student Affairs for Degree Conferral Information. The office is located in 315 Squire Hall, and may be contacted by telephone 716-829-2839.

Settlement of Obligations

All tuition, fees, late charges and fines must be paid in order to receive diplomas or transcript services.

Who to Contact with Your Concerns

Speak with your graduate advisor during your final two semesters specifically about your program completion.

Last updated: May 05, 2020 3:07 pm EST