Students walking on UB's North Campus near the Student Union.


Phone: 716-645-5698
M-TH: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
F: 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m.

Contact us online.

Fax: 716-645-7762

Walk-in Assistance at 1Capen, North Campus.

How to Request Official Score Reports for Exam Credit

You must submit official exam score reports for any exams you would like considered for credit awards at UB. Official reports should be sent to the Office of Admissions, University at Buffalo. For AP or CLEP credit requests give College Board the “SUNY Center Buffalo/School Code 2925.” Please see the Undergraduate Catalog and search for exam types that are considered for UB credit. Tables showing acceptable scores, credit awards and courses are available on the Alternative/Exam Credit page for the following exam types:

Step 1. Requesting official exam score reports:

Check the exam websites for instructions on how to request an official score report. There is usually a fee charged for a score report.

Step 2. Sending an official exam score report to UB:

Have your official exam score report sent to the University at Buffalo at this address:

You should designate UB (SUNY Center Buffalo/School Code 2925) if a school code is requested.

When will exam credit appear on my UB record?

It typically takes six to eight weeks from the time you request an exam score report until the time it shows up on your Academic Advising Report, in the current semester for AP credit or after your first UB semester for other exam credit types. If you do not see the exam credit on your Academic Advising Report after 6 weeks, first confirm that the score report was sent to UB. If it was sent, you should then call Academic Advising, toll free, at 1-866-838-7257 and check to make sure that the transcript was received and is being processed.

Last updated: March 20, 2023 3:33 pm EST