M - TH: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
F: 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Walk in Assistance:
1Capen, North Campus
M - F, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Name Change Documentation
If you are asked to provide documents that prove your name change request, please plan to bring the original documents with you. If you need to leave copies or plan to mail your request, please have your copies notarized. Do not mail or leave your original documents.
Photographic documents showing the new name
- Typical documents: driver’s license, passport, alien registration card
- Can be used to document name change for any reason
Legal documents showing the former and new name
- Typical documents: marriage certificate, divorce decree, naturalization papers, court approval of name change
- Can be used to document name change for complete change of first or last name
Notarized statement declaring two variations as representing the same person
- Can be used for variation of the existing name (e.g. “John V. Brown” is the name on UB records; “J. Vernon Brown” is the name requested)
Last updated: January 07, 2019 12:41 pm EST