Two students working on their laptops.


Phone: 716-645-5698
M-TH: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
F: 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m.

Contact us online.

Fax: 716-645-7762

Walk-in Assistance at 1Capen, North Campus.

Undergraduate Degree Application and Conferral

Candidates for bachelor’s degrees must complete a minimum of 120 credit hours, 30 of which must have been completed at the University at Buffalo campus. If you are preparing to graduate (have completed 90 credits) you must Apply for Graduation in your HUB Student Center (via MyUB). You must be in an approved major to apply for a degree.

Double Degrees

The double degree is the concurrent awarding of two different baccalaureate degree types (BS & BA, BA & BFA, MusB & BA, etc). If you intend to receive a double degree, you must complete a minimum of 150 credit hours. No more than two 300 and 400 level courses taken as requirements for the major in one degree can also be counted as part of the required courses for the other major in the second degree, including required elective credits. You are strongly encouraged to complete the Double Degree Checklist (PDF) with your academic advisor(s) to ensure that you are meeting all double degree requirements prior to your last semester.

Combined Degrees

Students applying for combined degrees must do so in their HUB Student Center (via MyUB). When applying for these degrees, it is important to apply for both the undergraduate and the graduate degrees separately. With departmental approval, students have the option to confer the bachelor’s degree after one year of graduate or professional level work as long as at least 120 credits have been earned, UB Curriculum or General Education requirements are completed, and all undergraduate major requirements have been met.

Students Must Apply for Graduation Prior to these Published Deadline Dates
Graduation Term Application Deadline Conferral Date
Fall October 15 February 1
Spring February 22 June 1
Summer July 15 August 31

Students are encouraged to Apply for Graduation well before the deadline dates. The status of degree application is available in your HUB Student Center (via MyUB) and your Academic Advisement Report.

Keep Track of Your Progress Towards Your Degree from Your First Day at UB

The best ways to do that is to review your Academic Advisement Report regularly in your HUB Student Center (via MyUB) and contact your advisor for a regular review of your program.

Make sure your transfer courses will be accepted at UB and will not duplicate UB courses. The best way to do that is to check TAURUS to see how your courses will transfer.

How to Apply

Log on to MyUB and click on the tab for your HUB Student Center. Under Academics, click on Apply for Graduation in the drop-down menu. Follow the directions provided. If you need to apply for a term after the application deadline or need to update your conferral term, please submit the Graduation Update Form.

Double degree candidates (i.e. BA and BS, BA and BFA) are encouraged to complete the Double Degree Checklist (PDF).

Who to Contact with Your Concerns

If you are not ready to apply for your degree, make an appointment with an undergraduate advisor. Review your Academic Advisement Report and prepare questions about your intended academic program.

If you have applied for your degree and have any questions at all about the status of your evaluation, call the Office of the Registrar at 716-645-5698.

Last updated: December 14, 2023 2:57 pm EST