The Academic Info You Need to Know!

Get the information and resources you need for making decisions to support your academic success this semester.

Students walking on UB's North Campus.


Phone: 716-645-5698
M - TH: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
F: 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.


Walk in Assistance:
1Capen, North Campus
Reservations required.

Student Change of Name

Current and former students may have need to change the name associated with their academic records to accurately reflect the name by which they are known in the larger world. Typical reasons for this may include marriage, divorce, naturalization, use of a variation of the name, etc. If you do request a change of name, we will change all of your records to reflect that new name. After we do that, your UB academic records, financial records, future academic transcripts and future diplomas will reflect the new name.

In order to request a change of name, you will need to complete the form below and provide a clear copy of acceptable documentation that accurately reflects your new name:

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required.

Powered by Formstack

Last updated: August 14, 2019 3:03 pm EST