The Academic Info You Need to Know!

Get the information and resources you need for making decisions to support your academic success this semester.

Students walking on UB's North Campus near the Student Union.


Phone: 716-645-5698
M - TH: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
F: 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.


Walk in Assistance:
1Capen, North Campus
Reservations required.

Not Returning Checklist

Use this checklist as a guide as you prepare to exit the university.

Have you spoken with your advisor?

Do you wish to return to UB within two semesters?

File a formal, recorded Leave of Absence to maintain your current major and registration eligibility.

Are you registered for classes (current or next semester)?

Are you changing addresses?

Change it in your HUB Student Center (via MyUB) or complete the address change form. You may also file the change in person at 1Capen.

Are you receiving financial aid?

*State and federal financial aid is subject to retroactive adjustments which could result in an amount due to the university, even after you leave.

Have you verified that you owe no tuition, fees or fines?

It’s critical that you clear all outstanding balances or request a refund of any balance due you. You will need to check your UB email for notifications regarding the eBill after your departure, as the university sends billing statements electronically to your UB email address.

Please note that it is possible to have adjustments to tuition, fees, fines or financial aid that may occur after your last term has ended. Failure to pay these charges will result in collection efforts.

If you no longer recall your UBIT username and/or password, please contact the CIT Help Desk, Lockwood 2nd Floor Cybrary, 716-645-3542, or email

Please contact the Office of Student Accounts at 716-645-1800 or at with any additional questions.

Do you live in on-campus housing?

Withdrawing students with an active housing agreement must submit an Application for Early Release form. Housing charges will be adjusted based on Campus Living’s term and conditions. Students release during the academic year must turn in the room key and properly check out at their area or complex office. Continue to check for financial adjustments, including possible additional charges, that may be added to your Student Accounts record after your departure. Contact Campus Living with questions.

Do you have a Dining Services Contract?

Terminate your meal plan by contacting the UB Card Office.

Do you have a credit balance on your UB Card from Campus Cash?

Contact the UB Card Office to learn the deadline for and procedure to request a refund.

Do you have an outstanding parking ticket?

Have you returned any borrowed materials or equipment?

University Libraries

Athletics, Recreation, and Intramural Services

Graduate School of Education Curriculum Center

Last updated: August 06, 2019 10:31 am EST