M-TH: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
F: 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Walk-in Assistance at 1Capen, North Campus.
Not Returning Checklist
Use this checklist as a guide as you prepare to exit the university.
Have you spoken with your advisor?
- Undergraduate students not in a major should contact the Exploratory and Pre-Professional Advising Center.
- Students in accepted into a major should contact their departmental advisor.
- Honors students, EOP students, ACE students and student-athletes should see their program advisor.
Do you wish to return to UB within two semesters?
File a formal, recorded Leave of Absence to maintain your current major and registration eligibility.
Are you registered for classes (current or next semester)?
- Drop or resign your classes using your HUB Student Center (via MyUB) before the published deadlines.
- Visit 1Capen or contact the Office of the Registrar at 716-645-5698 or email@example.com with questions.
Are you changing addresses?
Are you receiving financial aid?
- Contact your lender/loan servicer regarding the terms and repayment of your loans. Information is available on the financial aid website.
- Check your UB email for notifications regarding your eBill after your departure.*
- Contact the Office of Financial Aid at 716-645-8232 or UBFA@buffalo.edu.
*State and federal financial aid is subject to retroactive adjustments which could result in an amount due to the university, even after you leave.
Have you verified that you owe no tuition, fees or fines?
It’s critical that you clear all outstanding balances or request a refund of any balance due you. You will need to check your UB email for notifications regarding the eBill after your departure, as the university sends billing statements electronically to your UB email address.
Please note that it is possible to have adjustments to tuition, fees, fines or financial aid that may occur after your last term has ended. Failure to pay these charges will result in collection efforts.
Please contact the Office of Student Accounts or call 716-645-1800 with any additional questions.
Do you live in on-campus housing?
Withdrawing students with an active housing agreement must submit a housing cancellation request. Housing charges will be adjusted based on Campus Living’s term and conditions. Students release during the academic year must turn in the room key and properly check out at their area or complex office. Continue to check for financial adjustments, including possible additional charges, that may be added to your Student Accounts record after your departure. Contact Campus Living with questions.
- Complete the mail forwarding card.
- Continue to check your UB email for notifications regarding your eBill after your departure.
- Contact Campus Living with questions.
Do you have a Dining Services Contract?
Terminate your meal plan by contacting the UB Card Office.
Do you have a credit balance on your UB Card from Campus Cash?
Contact the UB Card Office to learn the deadline for and procedure to request a refund.
Do you have an outstanding parking ticket?
- Contact Parking and Transportation to check your status.
- Resolve all service indicator/holds applied to your account, which will prevent the university from releasing your records and transcripts.
Have you returned any borrowed materials or equipment?
- Visit any university library or call 716-645-5950 to check your status and resolve any unpaid fines.
- Check your UB email account for notifications regarding the eBill after your departure. UB sends billing statements electronically to your UB email.
Athletics, Recreation, and Intramural Services
- Return athletic and recreation equipment, and terminate your locker rental. Unreturned equipment will trigger a bursar service indicator and transcript hold.
- Check your UB email account for notifications regarding the eBill after your departure.
Graduate School of Education Curriculum Center
- Visit 17 Baldy Hall or contact 716-645-2488.
Last updated: May 26, 2021 10:09 am EST