Students working on a research project.


Phone: 716-645-5698
M-TH: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
F: 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m.

Contact us online.

Fax: 716-645-7762

Walk-in Assistance at 1Capen, North Campus.

Student Name

As either a current or a former student, you may have a need to update the name associated with your academic record. Typical reasons for a name change include marriage, divorce, naturalization, use of a variation of your name, etc.

If you need to have your name changed, we must change all of your records to reflect the new name. Then, your UB financial records, your future academic transcripts, and your future diploma will carry only that new name.

Complete the Student Name Change Form and attach copies of approved documentation. You can also visit 1Capen with your original documentation and complete the request in person.

Last updated: September 29, 2021 4:07 pm EST