The Academic Info You Need to Know!
Get the information and resources you need for making decisions to support your academic success this semester.
M - TH: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
F: 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Walk in Assistance:
1Capen, North Campus
Advanced Placement (AP)
During high school, you may have taken Advanced Placement (AP) tests. If you indicated on the AP exam that your scores should be sent to UB (or if you otherwise requested scores sent to UB), your AP credits should appear on your Transfer Credit Report.
If your AP credit does not appear on your Academic Advisement report, here are the steps you should take before contacting 1Capen:
- Call College Board’s toll-free number 1-888-CALL-4-AP.
- Ask if your scores were sent to SUNY Center Buffalo at school code 2925. The school code is very important!
- If scores were sent correctly, ask for the date the report was sent.
- If scores were not sent, ask that they be sent using our school code 2925.
- Be sure College Board sends scores for ALL the tests you’ve taken.
- Be sure your social security number is updated with College Board. If the Social Security Number is missing or wrong, this will delay processing.
Please emphasize school code 2925. It is the only thing that differentiates SUNY Center Buffalo (UB) from SUNY College Buffalo (Buffalo State).
Frequently Asked Questions
Following are some FAQs which might help you to answer questions:
My high school or college already has a copy of my AP scores. Is that acceptable?
No, an official transcript must be sent to us by College Board.
Will UB accept ALL my scores?
Only scores of 3, 4, and 5 are accepted at UB. To view the most recent articulation table, go to the Advanced Placement Exam Chart (PDF).
What if I want to decline some or all of my AP credit?
Contact your academic advisor to complete an Alternative Exam Credit Declination form.
Last updated: October 13, 2020 9:50 am EST