A view of UB's South Campus.


Phone: 716-645-5698

Hours: M - TH: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

F: 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Email: UBregistrar@buffalo.edu

Walk in Assistance:
1Capen, North Campus
M - F, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Graduate Registration

As part of the registration process, you will select a program of courses with the advice of your advisor or committee and with the approval of your program director. You must then officially register every subsequent semester for the appropriate courses according to established registration procedures and within the deadline dates.

To prepare for course registration for the fall or spring semester, graduate students can confirm the date they can begin to register for courses. You may also verify your enrollment appointment by accessing your HUB Student Center via MyUB. Graduate students may register continuously from the start of their enrollment appointment until the end of the drop/add period, however late registration may add additional fees to your bill.

A hold can prevent you from registering for classes

You cannot register for courses when any holds are showing on your UB record. When you access your HUB Student Center (via MyUB, UBITName and Password required), any current holds can be viewed in your HUB Student Center.

Force Registration

Departments may force register students into department courses during the scheduled Force Registration period (from the start of enrollment appointments through the end of the second week of classes). If you need to be forced into a class, you should go directly to the department offering the course for information on how force registration requests are handled.

Exception Registration

This process is designed to accommodate exceptional registration circumstances for the student who needs to get in or out of a course but cannot do so on his/her own due to constraints or extenuating circumstances (e.g. not in a major). See your academic department for assistance.

Non-Degree Seeking Student Registration

A non-degree seeking (non-matriculated) student is someone who is enrolled on a semester-by-semester or course-by-course basis. If you are a non-matriculated student you have not been accepted into the university as a regular student pursuing a degree.

To be a non-matriculating graduate student you must hold a bachelor’s degree to register for graduate coursework as a non-matriculated student.

Students enrolled in graduate programs at other universities or students who have completed a baccalaureate degree may register as non-matriculated students for the spring session. Non-matriculated students must first secure the approval of the appropriate department or faculty member for each graduate level course to be taken.

Immunization Requirements

In accordance with New York State Public Health Law, UB requires that all students (including non-degree seeking students) born on or after January 1, 1957 provide proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella. The state also requires that all students receive information about meningococcal disease and have made an informed decision about whether or not to receive immunization against meningococcal disease. You will not be allowed to register for classes until you have fulfilled these requirements. Learn more on the Student Health Services website.

Last updated: September 10, 2018 4:53 pm EST