The Academic Info You Need to Know!
Get the information and resources you need for making decisions to support your academic success this semester.
M - TH: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
F: 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Walk in Assistance:
1Capen, North Campus
The 60 and Over Auditor program has suspended on-campus enrollment for the fall 2020 semester. Enrollment in online/distance learning may only be permitted by permission of the instructor, and is only available for New York State residents.
60 and Over Auditors Program
Are you 60 years of age or older? Are you looking for self-enrichment or perhaps simply exploring your academic options? If so, the University at Buffalo is the perfect place for you! Take advantage of our 60 and Over Auditors Program that offers classes to members of our community free of charge on a space available basis and subject to permission of the instructor. Some courses are not eligible for this program. Please refer to the notes below for details.
Simply complete the Sixty and Over Auditor Program Request Form and obtain the instructor’s consent and signature for the course(s) you wish to audit. The Office of the Registrar will register you according to the following schedule:
|Term||Approximate Registration Times Begin|
Please bring in the completed form or mail it to:
- 1Capen Hall
- University at Buffalo
- Buffalo, NY 14260-1631
Approximately one week after your form has been processed and you have been enrolled, you will receive an email with information on obtaining a parking permit and activating your UBITName.
- 60 and Over Auditors must adhere to UB’s Student Code of Conduct.
- Participants may need to purchase textbooks or other study materials to fully participate in courses.
- Course Exclusions: 60 and Over Auditors may not enroll in any of the following:
- 198 and 199 level courses in any discipline.
- Courses offered by School of Dental Medicine, Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Law School, Executive MBA and Professional MBA programs, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, and graduate level courses in the School of Social Work.
- Web-based courses are excluded from the 60 and Over audit program. Exceptions will be considered upon request from New York State residents only.
- Closed courses. 60 and Over Auditors are not eligible to be placed on a wait list for a course that has reached enrollment capacity. Space availability will be reviewed during the second week of classes.
Thanks for your interest in attending classes at UB. We look forward to seeing you on campus!
Last updated: July 06, 2020 8:35 am EST