M-TH: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
F: 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Walk-in Assistance at 1Capen, North Campus.
The 60 and Over Auditor program will resume with remote courses in summer 2021 and beyond on a space-available basis. Please see additional details below.
60 and Over Auditors Program
UB looks forward to welcoming Senior Auditors back to campus for in-person courses, however, room capacity will continue to be a factor in this decision. Room assignments will be made in mid-summer, and will follow health and safety guidelines.
Courses may be audited on a space-available basis. Matriculated undergraduate and graduate students will have priority to seats in all in-person courses. Senior Auditor requests will be processed at the end of the drop/add period when additional seats are available. A remote option will not be available for in-person course offerings. No exceptions will be made.
Sixty and over requests will be accepted after August 1, and will be processed after the drop/add period concludes.
Are you 60 years of age or older? Are you looking for self-enrichment or perhaps simply exploring your academic options? If so, the University at Buffalo is the perfect place for you! Take advantage of our 60 and Over Auditors Program that offers classes to members of our community free of charge on a space available basis and subject to permission of the instructor. Some courses are not eligible for this program. Please refer to the notes below for details.
Simply complete the Sixty and Over Auditor Program Request Form (PDF) and obtain the instructor’s consent and signature for the course(s) you wish to audit. The Office of the Registrar will register you according to the following schedule:
|Term||Approximate Registration Times Begin|
Please bring in the completed form or mail it to:
- 1Capen Hall
- University at Buffalo
- Buffalo, NY 14260-1631
Approximately one week after your form has been processed and you have been enrolled, you will receive an email with information on obtaining a parking permit and activating your UBITName.
- 60 and Over Auditors must adhere to UB’s Student Code of Conduct.
- Participants may need to purchase textbooks or other study materials to fully participate in courses.
- Course Exclusions: 60 and Over Auditors may not enroll in any of the following:
- 198 and 199 level courses in any discipline.
- Courses offered by School of Dental Medicine, Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Law School, Executive MBA and Professional MBA programs, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, and graduate level courses in the School of Social Work.
- Web-based courses are excluded from the 60 and Over audit program. Exceptions will be considered upon request from New York State residents only.
- Closed courses. 60 and Over Auditors are not eligible to be placed on a wait list for a course that has reached enrollment capacity. Space availability will be reviewed during the second week of classes.
Thanks for your interest in attending classes at UB. We look forward to seeing you on campus!
Last updated: June 03, 2021 8:15 am EST