Students walking on UB's North Campus near the Student Union.


Phone: 716-645-5698
M-TH: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
F: 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m.

Contact us online.

Fax: 716-645-7762

Walk-in Assistance at 1Capen, North Campus.

Transfer Credit

Transfer Coursework

The Office of the Registrar manages your transfer coursework and how your coursework from post-secondary institutions is applied toward UB major and UB Curriculum/General Education course requirements. The Course Equivalency Guide (CEG) located in TAURUS (Transfer Articulation of University Requirements at UB System) is a tool that students and staff can use to look up current course articulations that we have with other institutions by school or course.

Sending Transcripts to UB

In order for credit to be transferred to UB, official transcripts must be sent from the institution to the Office of Admissions, University at Buffalo, 12 Capen Hall, Buffalo, NY 14260-1660. You can also visit our Undergraduate Admissions website, which outlines the steps to transfer to the University at Buffalo.

Transcripts submitted to the University at Buffalo from other institutions for admissions or credit become property of the University at Buffalo and will not be returned to the student or forwarded to other institutions under any circumstances. Students should request transcripts directly from the institution to obtain the most up-to-date information and assure that no protocol of the issuing institution is circumvented.

Transfer Course Articulation

Course articulation is when external credit bearing courses are formally reviewed and approved by faculty for course equivalency here at UB. Once a course has been reviewed and approved to be transferred to UB, the Office of the Registrar will create a course articulation which can be viewed through the Course Equivalency Guide (CEG) in TAURUS. The benefit of having a course articulated is that it may grant course equivalency that will fulfill specific major and UB Curriculum/General Education requirements. Any course that comes from a regionally accredited institution may articulate to a course here at UB. Post-secondary institutions that have other than regional accreditation are reviewed on a case by case basis according to the Undergraduate Catalog (search for University Transfer Credit Policy).

Please note that multiple offices coordinate the processing of incoming transcripts, therefore, it will take several weeks for transfer credit to post.

Transfer Credits - TP/TS

In recognition of the challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, a number of institutions required or offered students the option of pass/fail or satisfactory/unsatisfactory grading. Pass (TP) and Satisfactory (TS) grades earned in transfer coursework completed in spring 2020 at domestic higher education institutions may be applied towards UB Curriculum and major requirements.

Last updated: May 16, 2023 3:12 pm EST