M-TH: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
F: 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Walk-in Assistance at 1Capen, North Campus.
Paper Diplomas and Certificates
Diplomas are mailed approximately six (6) weeks after the conferral of your degree and contain the student’s name, academic plan, degree type (BA, MA, etc.), conferral date, name of the university (State University of New York at Buffalo) and the current diploma design. UB diplomas are printed by a nationally prominent firm on high-quality paper with an engraved UB seal.
- Diplomas contain your name as it appears on your student record (Please see: name on file). Additions of accent marks or upper and lower case letters must be requested before your conferral date.
- The academic plan title that will be used is the State Education Department approved plan title only. For undergraduate programs, this will include the major plan only. The diploma will not include minors. Diplomas for students in Special Studies programs will read “Special Studies.” Special Studies Proposal titles are included on the transcript.
- Diplomas are mailed to the permanent address listed on your student record.
- Diplomas are mailed via the United States Postal Service and do not contain tracking information.
- The diploma is 9.75" X 12.5"
- Diplomas are not mailed if you have an outstanding financial obligation to the university. Once you clear the financial obligation, you must notify the Office of the Registrar.
- Diplomas are held for one year after the conferral date. After that, you will need a replacement diploma.
Additional Diploma Order Form
For purchase of an additional or replacement UB diploma, please follow the guidelines below. The charge per diploma is $40 for a non-professional diploma (9.75”x12.5”) or a $50 fee for a professional diploma (16”x20”) (U.S. funds). Questions regarding a Medical School diploma, call 716-829-2802. For a Dental School diploma, call 716-829-2839.
- Confirm that your degree has been conferred and that you do not have any financial holds by contacting us at 716-645-5698 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If your degree has not been conferred, or if you have any financial holds, your diploma request will not be processed.
- To request an additional diploma use the link below. Once the request is received, you will be notified via email if it has been approved or denied. If the request is approved, please allow two (2) to four (4) weeks for delivery.
- If you are requesting a new diploma because your name has changed, please complete and submit the Student Name Change form along with required documentation.
- All purchased diplomas reflect the current diploma design and signatures.
- Please refer to the shipping information above for information on shipping of purchased diplomas.
Request for Records of Deceased Students
In the event of a student’s passing, the University at Buffalo considers the deceased student’s next of kin to be the owner of the record. Please view our policies and procedures for additional information on requesting records of deceased students (PDF).
Students may need to apostille (PDF) or legalize their transcript and/or diploma for use in a foreign country. The Office of the Registrar assists students with this process by notarizing the document and coordinating with the offices of the Erie County Clerk and New York State Secretary of State to complete the apostille. Please contact the Office of the Registrar for additional information on completing an apostille for your transcript and/or diploma.
Millard Fillmore College
Millard Fillmore College, which provided continuing education programs, suspended operations in fall 2018. Several MFC programs have transitioned to UB's schools and colleges.
Inquiries regarding these programs should be directed as follows:
- Paralegal Studies Program: Dr. Shelley M. Kimelberg, Director, Social Sciences Interdisciplinary Degree Programs at email@example.com or 716-645-2245 x0. For future paralegal information, contact Continuing Education at the College of Arts and Sciences at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Computing and Network Management Program: Dr. Abani Patra, Director, Computational and Data-Enabled Science and Engineering at email@example.com.
- Practice Facilitation Program: Michael Redfern, Associate Dean and Chief Operation Officer, School of Public Health and Health Professions 716-829-6709 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other inquiries related to Millard Fillmore College, please email email@example.com.
Last updated: October 16, 2020 2:03 pm EST