Student and professor working on engineering project.


Phone: 716-645-5698

Hours: M - TH: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

F: 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.


Walk in Assistance:
1Capen, North Campus
M - F, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.


Diplomas are mailed approximately four (4) to six (6) weeks after the conferral of your degree and contain the student’s name, academic plan, degree type (BA, MA, etc.), conferral date, name of the university (State University of New York at Buffalo) and the current diploma design. UB diplomas are printed by a nationally prominent firm on high-quality paper with an engraved UB seal.

Please note:

Replacement Diplomas

If you are in need of a replacement diploma or additional copy of your UB undergraduate, graduate or law school diploma, please follow these guidelines.

Once we receive your request, we will forward the order to our printer. All diplomas reflect the current diploma design. We will receive your diploma within 5 to 10 business days and will immediately mail it to you in a protective envelope. Diplomas are mailed via the United States Postal Service and do NOT contain tracking information. Students have the option to provide a pre-paid UPS Shipping label if they would like to have tracking information. For more information regarding pre-paid shipping labels please visit UPS labels can be submitted to the Office of the Registrar at or by fax 716-645-7762. Please be sure to include identification information such as name and UB Person number. The return address should include your information (not the University at Buffalo’s), and the “send to” address should be the location you wish your diploma delivered to.

Please contact us by mail, phone (716-645-5698) or email ( if you have questions or special circumstances.


Students may need to apostille (PDF) or legalize their transcript and/or diploma for use in a foreign country. The Office of the Registrar assists students with this process by notarizing the document and coordinating with the offices of the Erie County Clerk and New York State Secretary of State to complete the apostille. Please contact the Office of the Registrar for additional information on completing an apostille for your transcript and/or diploma.

Last updated: November 20, 2017 1:13 pm EST